The way Google prioritizes its search rankings is by looking at two important factors concerning your website:
On page optimization consist of all the aspects of your physical website.
* Title Tag (Relevant title tags)
* Keywords found in the URL
* Meta Description tags
* Meta keyword tags
* Heading tags
* Keywords in bold, italics, underline
* Unique content that supports the keywords (relevance, themeing)
* Related keywords in content found on the page
* Alternative and Title text for images.
* Grammatically correct
* Internal linking
* Domain age
These are external links that point to your website from other websites. These links are seen as recommendations and build credibility for your website. Google ranks your web page based on the number of valuable related links. You could view this as a voting system; the one with the most related votes will do well.
* Niche Directories listings
* Relevant Site Links
* Keywords in links
* Links from high-ranking publisher websites
* One-way inbound links
* Deep linking (from multiple pages to multiple pages)
* Link from sites with a variety of Page Ranks
* Social Bookmarking
* Links from Social networks