The Atkins Diet, South Beach Diet and others like them maintain that low-carbohydrate diets offer a metabolic advantage over low-fat diets by burning more calories for energy. The weight loss seen with these diets is more the result of high protein than low carb, according to the University of WI, Madison. In fact, a recent review of studies that they authored found some evidence of a very slight metabolic advantage for high-protein diets. Protein increases satiety, helping dieters stick to low-calorie diets. And protein may slightly blunt the fall in resting metabolism that occurs with weight loss. Still, what matters most is calories. The vast majority of weight loss is explained by how much people cut calories and how much they exercise, not by changing the percentage of carbohydrates, protein or fat in their diets.
Need Some Help? Have a Question?
It will not cost you a dime. Contact us with any questions you have for a no obligation conversation. We don't bite!
We find solutions to your problems. We find answers to your questions.
Features Of Interest
- Nonprofit Monthly Giving Program
- Prevent In-Flight Thefts
- Are You Storing Your COVID Vaccine Card on Your iPhone or Android?
- Google Maps Citations Help Build Local Trust Development
- 3 Things To Think About as Your Business Grows
- 4 Branding Best Practices for Small Businesses
- Cleanups For Your Inbox, Network And Gadgets
- My Facebook Account is Hacked!!! How Do I Get it Back?
- Merry Christmas, Mele Kalikimaka, God Jul, Buon Natale, Feliz Navidad, & Merīkurisumasu
- Reaching Your Sales and Marketing Goals Through Outsourcing: 3 Tips for Small Businesses
- Are Your Holiday DecorationsTo Blame For Bad Wi-Fi?
- Fast Test To See How Much Private Info Your Browser is Leaking