Safeguard your accounts by never sharing your information, including logins, passwords, and PIN numbers.
Below are a few additional tips to keep in mind when it comes to password protection.
Password Security Dos And Don’ts
- Include a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols
- Use phrases you can easily remember
- Change passwords at least twice per year across all your personal accounts
- Use short or predictable passwords (i.e. “12345,” “password”)
- Include personal information (social security number, names, birthdays, etc.)
- Use the same password for different accounts
- Share your passwords with others