There is no one reason why videos become viral but they do tend to share common characteristics:
Some of these are:
- The content very uncommon.
- The characters behave in a way that is totally shocking or surprising for the occasion. “The JK’s Wedding Entrance video is one such example. Nobody expected that the bride, bridegroom and their friends would enter the way they entered (dancing) for the wedding event.”
- A video that captures a totally (unbelievably) comical moment that people are dumbfounded.
- The community (local or global) participates and becomes part of the video.
- The message is compelling and heart touching.